QUITE THE MONTH/REFLECTIONS: It's amazing how each stage in life brings new beauty and challenges to deal with. This past 5 or 6 weeks has been quite the journey. Fun, sadness, adventure, pain, and some allergies too. My mom came to visit over Valentines week and Bradden and I were able to have a little get away to Des Moines, the first time I had been away from him for more than 5 hours since he was born. We had an awesome party for Hy's first birthday too and had about 30 people come. My knee surgery was then postponed so we could attend my Grandma's funeral in Salt Lake. We then returned and found out Hyrum has a peanut allergy-- and I had my knee scope done. This past few weeks has helped me count each day and love the ones around me-- as well as cherish good health as I hobble around on my crutches. I think the best three things that have come out of these past few weeks are that 1) we realize that we kept Hyrum alive for a whole year despite not knowing what we were even doing with this whole parenting thing. 2) I have come to love and appreciate Bradden and good friends in Iowa for taking care of me and pulling double duty as I recover. 3) I got to drive the motorized card at the grocery store yesterday.
BELOW IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SCENES! This was the day of my grandmother's funeral at the burial. It was a beautiful day almost 50 degrees and the sun felt so warm on my face, I can't remember feeling that warm in 4 or 5 months!

Hyrum kept pointing at the dog at my mom's house and saying "ruff ruff ruff!" He is OBSESSED wtih dogs.
1 comment:
Glad Hyrum is okay now. How did you realize he is allergic to peanuts? I hope you recover well from your knee surgery- I bet it's tough chasing a 1 year old on crutches.
Post a Comment